Monday, September 5, 2011

Well Hello

I've been a crazy project chick for a long time, but didn't always know how vital to my personal sanity having an ongoing project to do list was.  When I was just a little girl I would follow my Dad everywhere, and want to do most things he did.  I probably asked a ton of questions and possibly even annoyed him, but what I remember is just watching and taking in every thing he did.  I'd say it was the same way with my Mom, but the watching, asking, and absorbing of information took place in the kitchen with her.  The projects continued into college when I moved into an old house with a bunch of my friends, and the funeral home wall paper, green carpet, and dungeon like basement room just were not jiving with us.  Now my husband and I have been living the first home we bought together for just over a year, and every single square inch of this house has been painted, stained, or had some polyurethane swiped on it.  That's just a fraction of the love this old house has received in the last year.  This blog should have started February 9th, 2010 on the day we signed the papers and came right "home" to start tearing down a wall between the kitchen and dining room, but I wasn't smart enough to do this at that time.  



Here is my handsome hubby getting crazy with that plaster wall.  I defaulted to a picture without me because the picture of me getting crazy on this wall wasn't good enough to share on the internet.  


Now I'm much more intelligent and a bit more motivated to keep track of all my fun, crazy, annoying, successful, and failed projects right here.   I hope you enjoy following this crazy project chick along as I go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment